CERTIFICAtion ISO 9001:2015
Baglietto shipyard based in La Spezia has successfully accomplished the procedure to an integrated System of Corporate Management for Quality and was awarded with the ISO 9001:2015 certification by RINA on 20th December.
QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Baglietto, based in La Spezia and Carrara, is an icon of yachting made in Italy since 1854.
The shipyard specialises in the construction of new planing aluminium yachts ranging between 38 and 50 metres in length and steel & aluminium displacement mega-yachts above 40 metres.; its activities are set to grow considerably, not only concerning the construction of new pleasure vessels and refitting activities but also in the military sector, with the BAGLIETTO NAVY brand.
Baglietto owners can count on a wide range of models as well as choose to build totally customized and tailor-made yachts.
In February 2012, the shipyard was acquired by Gavio Group, a leading international group in highway construction and concessions (the fourth largest group in the world in terms of number of kilometers) and with interests in numerous industrial sectors, from logistics to technology.
At the end of 2020, Baglietto Spa merged with Cerri Cantieri Navali Spa, a shipyard located in Carrara and now Baglietto’s operational headquarters.
Also part of the Gavio Group’s yachting division is Bertram Yachts, an iconic sport-fisherman boat brand based in the United States.
The La Spezia headquarters extends over an area of approximately 35,000 sq. m.
Over the last few years, the entire production site has been extensively renovated and enlarged. Three new sheds allowing for the construction of yachts up to 65 m in length were built, as well as new fully equipped quays, to berth vessels of up to 70 m, along with a new and renovated dock of more than 3,600 square meters and with two 85-meter docks, providing a significant increase in berthing capacity.
The Carrara operational headquarters now extends over an area of more than 8.000 sq. m with plans for upcoming enlargement in the surrounding areas.
In the past three years, Baglietto has renewed its management and employee teams and can count now on 100 employees and about 400 external workers for a full-capacity production.
The impressive effort of Baglietto does not end with the construction of yachts but also concerns the development and design of new models, which will be fundamental for future growth and consolidation. These projects maintain the recognizability of the timeless Baglietto style along with the qualities of solidity, reliability and safety that have always been strong characteristics of Baglietto yachts.
This effort is also enhanced by the strategy of building boats on speculation, which requires investments in development and construction.
Alongside the attention to Product Quality and Reliability, Baglietto has always been attentive to issues regarding Health and Safety at Work, in full compliance with the relevant legislative provisions, and to environmental issues to protect the territory and the surrounding environment through the reduction of the impacts resulting from its activities.
Based on a firm belief of the shipyard, it’s important in this sector to take the opportunities to improve quality standards, for the protection of the health and safety of each worker and the environment.
The continuous search for these opportunities and spaces for improvement, together with compliance with applicable laws, represent the main objective that the shipyard, through its management, has always pursued and intends to deepen.
Baglietto also has a Model of Organization and Management ex D.Lgs. 231/2001 and an integrated Business Management System for Quality and Health and Safety at Work since 2018, based on the international standards ISO 9001 and ISO 45001, certified by RINA. Moreover, the shipyard is now integrating the Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001.
This confirms Baglietto’s commitment to get a quality management system acting accordingly to the highest standards and best practices to ensure both products of excellence and the prevention of accidents, occupational diseases and pollution, and improvement of occupational health, safety and environmental performance.
In particular, Baglietto’s successful goal will be accomplished as soon as the following tasks will be reached:
- To always pursue product’s top quality through the active management and quality and quantity control of all operations, with special regards to purchased services and products;
- To develop new technological solutions and look for technical and design innovations to meet and surpass client’s expectations and needs;
- To focus on research and sustainability thanks to new eco-friendly solutions with low environmental impact;
- To improve the personnel’s operational control activities to get a better product and reduce the possibility of accidents, injuries and professional diseases;
- To increase the technical expertise and the capacity of work planning and work organization to find new ways for more efficient production processes and the reduction of injuries and professional diseases;
- To control and respect all legal requirements within the Baglietto specific sector, with special regard to the occupational Safety and Health Rules and regulations;
- To keep the project managers continuously updated on all Rules and Regulations related to Registers of Shipping, Flagship and International Rules about product, products’ safety and environmental impact;
- To reduce the risks for workers (employees and contractors) through better supervision and the use of technologically safer equipment;
- To grant the staff proper and prompt communication, information and training to leverage the occupational Quality, Health and Safety awareness and culture so to overcome the traditional practices;
- To involve and look for the cooperation and participation of workers, consultants and each relevant party concerned – interior and exterior –so that everyone is a part of a process of improving;
- To grant the Management’s constant presence and effective support to all corporate functions to enhance both the performance and the constant improvement of the Corporate Management for Quality, Safety and Health. Baglietto through the definition of these main goals that will be operational thanks to the identification of clear programs and plans, wishes to highlight its full commitment in ensuring an ongoing improvement of the business processes.
Baglietto through the definition of these main goals that will be operational thanks to the identification of clear programs and plans, wishes to highlight its full commitment in ensuring an ongoing improvement of the business processes.
CERTIFICATION ISO 45001:2018
After obtaining the ISO 9001: 2015 certification at the end of 2018, the Baglietto shipyard, based in La Spezia, has successfully accomplished the procedure to a System of Health and Safety Management and was awarded with ISO 45001: 2018 Certification issued by RINA on the 5th March 2020.
The ISO 45001:2018 certification is aimed to get a health and safety management system in the workplace according to the 81/2008 Rules and Regulation.
Recently Baglietto has also announced the subscription of a Code of Ethics aimed to encourage and guarantee the general obligations of diligence, honesty and fairness that must embody the performance of work activities and the workplace behavior both inside and outside the company.
“The 45001 certification marks a new and important goal for our company after the ISO 9001 Certification awarded last year and confirmed for the present year as well, and the adoption of a Code of Ethics inside and outside the company – says Michele Gavino, Baglietto CEO – This confirms the commitment for the shipyard to get a quality management system acting according to the highest standards and best practices to ensure products of excellence constantly being improved for the customers”.
CERTIFICATION ISO 14001:2015
After obtaining ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certifications, the Baglietto shipyard, located in La Spezia, successfully completed the certification process for the implementation of its current Quality and Safety Management System, including the Environmental part according to ISO 14001:2015 standards. On July 5, 2023, Baglietto obtained the corresponding Certificate of Conformity.
The ISO 14001 certification aims to establish an effective Environmental Management System within the Integrated Management System to ensure compliance with environmental requirements. This standard defines the requirements for controlling and monitoring the environmental aspects of the organization’s activities, as well as systematically managing the environmental impact generated and improving all aspects that reduce waste of raw materials and natural resources to zero.